We understand that running a resident’s management company is like running a small business, and the responsibilities present many challenges.
HR Surveyors Ltd has experience working with resident management companies from small properties to very large multiple unit block properties including high rise city centre developments, period listed conversions, mixed tenure developments incorporating commercial and social housing, together with private residential units. As specialists in our field we can help alleviate any worry’s concerning the upkeep and maintenance of your property.
Our Surveyors are qualified and highly experienced and can provide the following Professional Surveying Services in respect of Residential Management:
- Valuation advice relating to Collective Enfranchisement and Freehold acquisition
- Valuation advice relating to individual lease extensions.
- Administration of all types of building contracts in respect of Major Works (such as external redecoration, roof renewal, etc) commencing with the preparation of the original specification through to completion of the works.
Below are examples of the typical activities our Surveyors would carry out in respect of major works contracts.
- Identify the scope of the work involved;
- Agree scope with client;
- Agree specification with client;
- Agree tender list with client;
- Agree time-table for work with client;
- Advise client on the funds needed to pay for the work;
- Issue specification to tender list;
- Incorporate the procedures that the contractor must adhere to whilst on site and/or in a lessee’s property;
- Obtain tenders returned by the agreed deadline.
- Evaluate tenders;
- Recommend to client which contractor to appoint;
- Agree start date with contractor and client;
- Advise all lessees when consultation period has expired;
- Advise all lessees by circular of work and any additional security risks (scaffolding etc);
- Commence work;
- Monitor work to conclusion, making such interim payments as necessary under the contract and issuing work orders as with small works procedure;
- It is a legal requirement that works of a certain size conform to CONDAM regulations, which mainly relate to Health and Safety requirements. We can advise you on these requirements, and act for the “Employer” as the required “CDM Co-ordinator”
- Attendance before Tribunals as expert witness.
- Valuations of reinstatement costs for building insurance purposes.
- Adhoc building defect diagnosis and associated remedial works.
- Specialist advice regarding failure of major components such as roof coverings, window replacement, repair / replacement of storage tanks and lifts, and rising main services.
- Programming and implementation of planned maintenance works. Including preparation of comprehensive condition reports and maintenance programmes for the common parts and external fabric. Budgeting and prioritising building repair and improvement works over a period of five to ten years
- Advice on improvements and modernisation including preparation of specifications for upgrading works such as fire safety equipment, signage, lighting, security, video-entry and other Health & Safety provisions.
- Party Wall awards.
- Preparation of schedules of dilapidations.
- Administration of refurbishment projects and new build projects from preparation of the original specification through to completion of the contract.
- General building surveys and condition reports.